Classroom Language: The end of the lesson
1. Time to stop
* It's almost time to stop.
* I'm afraid it's time to finish now.
* We'll have to stop here.
* There's the bell. It's time to stop.
* That's all for today. You can go now.
2. Not time to stop.
* The bell hasn't gone yet.
* There are still two minutes to go.
* We still have a couple ofminutes left.
* The lesson doesn't finish till five past.
* Your watch must be fast.
* We seem to have finished early.
* We have an extra five minutes.
* Sit quietly until the bell goes.
3. Wait a minute
* Hang on a moment.
* Just hold on a moment.
* Stay where you are for a moment.
* Just a moment, please.
* One more thing before you go.
* Back to your places.
4. Next time
* We'll do the rest of this chapter next time.
* We'll finish this exercise next lesson.
* We've run out of time, so we'll continue next lesson.
* We'll continue this chapter next Monday.
* This is your homework for tonight.
* Do exercise 10 on page 23 for your homework.
* Prepare the next chapter for Monday.
* There is no homework tonight.
* Remember your homework.
* Take a worksheet as you leave.
* Goodbye, everyone.
* See you again next Wednesday.
* See you tomorrow afternoon.
* See you in room 7 after the break.
* Have a good holiday.
* Enjoy your vacation.
7. Leaving the room
* Get into a queue.
* Form a queue and wait for the bell.
* Everybody outside!
* All of you, get outside now!
* Hurry up and get out!
* Try not to make any noise as you leave.
* Be quiet as you leave. Other classes are still working.