Classroom Language: The beginning of the lesson1. Good morning
* Good morning, everybody.
* Good afternoon, everybody.
* Hello, everyone.
* Hello there, James.
2. How are you?
* How are you today, .......?
* How are you getting on?
* How's life?
* How are things with you, .......?
Are you feeling better today, Bill?
* My name is Mr/Mrs/Ms Kim. I'm your new English teacher.
* I'll be teaching you English this year.
* I've got five lessons with you each week.
4. Time to begin
* Let's begin our lesson now.
* Is everybody ready to start?
* I hope you are all ready for your English lesson.
* I think we can start now.
* Now we can get down to work.
5. Waiting to start
* I'm waiting for you to be quiet.
* We won't start until everyone is quiet.
* Stop talking and be quiet.
* Settle down now so we can start.
6. Put your things away
* Close your books.
* Put your books away.
* Pack your things away.
* Who is absent today?.
* Who isn't here today?
* What's the matter with ....... today?
* What's wrong with Jim today?
* Why were you absent last Friday,.......?
* Where have you been?
* We started ten minutes ago. What have you been doing?.
* Did you miss your bus?
* Did you oversleep?
* Don't let it happen again.