Learning Log In class week 8
[24 December 2010]
I have many knowledge learning English language must have confident in myself and sare express; Autonomous learner, self-directed learner and independent learner.
If Clause1.Present real: If+v1+model verb[will/may/can]+v1
3.Past unreal:If had+V3[would/should/could/might[+V3
If I had won lottery, I would be rich.
If I had read grammar book last night, I mihgt/could understand the content of mixed of clause.
If Jim receved go to the massage which I left him an hour ago, he is waiting for me now.
Genre = Text types
1. Narrative = tell story, usually to entertain
2. Recounts = personal, factual - tell what happen
3. Information report = provide factual information
4. Instruction = tell the listener or reader what to do
5. Explanations = explain how or why something happen
6. Expository text = preset or argue viewpoints
Learning Log Out classWeek 8
The Autonomous Learner Model (ALM) is a program designed to help learners work towards the goal of independent or autonomous learning. The model was originally developed to meet the diversified cognitive, emotional and social needs of gifted and talented secondary students but has now been successfully adapted for use in the primary years.
The model consists of five major dimensions:
1. Orientation - understanding giftedness, group building activities, self/personal development
2. Individual Development - inter/intra personal understanding, learning skills, use of technology, university/career awareness, organisational and productivity skills
3. Enrichment - courses, explorations, investigations, cultural activities, community service, excursions, camps
4. Seminars - small group presentations of futuristic, problematic, controversial, general interest or advanced knowledge topics.
5. In-Depth Study - individual projects, group projects, mentorships, presentations, assessment of self and others
An autonomous learner is "one who solves problems or develops new ideas through a combination of divergent and convergent thinking and functions with minimal external guidance in selected areas of endeavour".